We are proudly sponsored and managed by the Sno-Valley Tilth. As members of the Washington State Farmers Market Association, we are committed to providing the community with fresh, seasonal, organic, and locally grown food.
Our market is a welcoming place for everyone to join together. Under our Market Shelter, built during the Tolt Commons Community Shelters project in 2011, we provide a way for local farmers and artisan food producers from around the region to sell directly to the community, while providing a gathering place for our community members rain or shine!
Our visitors come to buy farm fresh produce and other products, enjoy weekly live music and art, watch chef demonstrations, and support the businesses in their neighborhoods. Each of our vendors and food artisans offer visitors great products and service. Be sure to ask all of our vendors about preparation tips – they love to share their favorite recipes! Shoppers can get a taste of what they are buying from our seasonal cooking demonstrations, which combine market fresh ingredients to make fast, family friendly recipes. You can also meet up with friends at the market to enjoy a meal together and our weekly musical guests at our tables or on our picnic blankets. While at the market, kids are invited to visit our Kid’s Tent to play, learn, and make new friends.
Throughout our season, the Carnation Farmers Market hosts a variety of special market events. Our Community Board, located at the Information Table, lists upcoming market events as well as events held by the Sno-Valley Tilth and community. The volunteers at the Information Table are happy to answer any questions you may have about these events and our market during your visit. Also at our Information Table, visitors are encouraged to sign up for our weekly newsletter and seasonal raffle.
The mission of the Carnation Farmers Market is to:
- Provide the community with fresh, locally grown farm products
- Provide Farmers with an outlet for their crops
- Educate the public about the importance of local agriculture and the value found in our rich, farming heritage
- Promote a greater sense of community and encourage local business development
What you will find at the Market:
- Farm-fresh local produce
- Farmstead honey, butter, cheese, and eggs
- Wood-fired rustic breads
- Fine pastries
- Different freshly prepared dishes
- Ice cream made from scratch
- Washington wines
- Tasty fruit and organic berries
- Soy soaps and candles
- Beautiful flower bouquets
- Nursery plants
- Weekly MUSIC on the GRASS
- Chalk art
- Children’s booths and playground
- Cooking demonstrations and samples
- Special afternoon and evening events